Volunteer for Share
April 1 - 4, 2014
Can you help with Phone Data Entry (PDE)?
Here is the PDE volunteer’s role:
PDE volunteers are seated at computers with telephones that connect to headsets like those used by operators, receptionists or phone bank workers. As listeners call into Share with financial commitments, PDE volunteers answer the calls and type the information into the computer.
Part of the process is to attempt to match the caller with information that already is in our database. A script is on the computer screen along with instructions to provide a straightforward process to gather information.
Suited for the Task?
Here are the qualifications:
- Comfortable talking on the phone while being courteous and polite and able to speak with a clear voice
- Manual dexterity to work with a standard computer mouse and keyboard
- Able to type 20-30 words per minute accurately
- Able to talk to the caller and type data into the computer at the same time
- Comfortable with software on Microsoft Windows computers (E-mailing and Web browsing demonstrates sufficient computer experience)
- Hear well in a noisy environment
- Eyesight (corrected) that allows you to work at a computer screen
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions
- At least 16 years of age
Sign Up Now
Volunteers are needed April 1 - 4 from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. If you are interested in volunteering please email us HERE.
Include in your email:
- your full name
- your telephone number
- the days and times you are available (we schedule in one hour increments)
Someone will be following up with you shortly.
Can you help provide food?
Maybe phones and computers aren't your "cuppa tea?" Would you like to provide a salad, side dish, main dish, dessert or the whole shabang? It can be homemade or store bought/donated. It would need to be enough to feed approximately 25 people.
Maybe you don't have the availability to provide food, but you would like to donate a gift card to a grocery store to help us out with supplies. You're welcome to mail one or drop one off at the station.
Email us HERE with what you have in mind and we can work out the details.
Viewing the training materials and taking a brief quiz are REQUIRED before you can become a Phone Data Entry (PDE) Volunteer. Thank you for taking the time to go through before you arrive.